Operations Consultant Engineer
UK, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire (might be required to work at customers locations from time to time)
Type of Role:
To develop and deliver concept of network operations, process and procedure material required to support the efficient operation of a Satellite Communications Service Provider
-Work closely with the Operations and Maintenance business areas of Satcom Service Provider customer in identifying best practice concepts of operations
-Development of organisation and process framework to support efficient delivery of Services by Service Provider to their end customers.
-Perform Gap Analysis and develop new and/or enhanced concepts of operation for innovative services within the satellite operator’s Operations
-Identifying enhancements to the Network and Service Management System to ensure efficient and effective operation of the network.
-Generation of operations/maintenance process and procedure documentation which reflect System and Personnel constraints.
-Maintaining and policing processes/procedures and implementing change management
-Development of plan / strategy documentation that defines the processes and procedures that different functions of the business need to adhere to in order to deliver a quality service.
-Identify and foster opportunities for new business with the existing Satcom Service Provider Customers.
-Support to Operational Readiness testing.
Circa £38-45,000 plus benefits, dependent on experience
UK. Based at Welwyn Garden City (might be required to work at customer’s locations)
Type of Role:
At least 3-5 years experience in the following:
1. Satellite or Mobile Communications arena, preferably gained in Network Control Centre or Satellite Ground Station/Mobile Base Station operations and maintenance engineering, SLA specification and design of Quality of Service measurement systems
2. Satellite or military communications systems
3. Process development and realisation
4. MS office toolset (in particular Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
1. Understanding of communications operations frameworks (e.g. TM Forum, ITIL etc)
2. Systems Analysis skills and application within a communications domain
3. Development and delivery of training material that describes the architecture and operation of communications systems
4. Familiarity with tools used within satellite ground stations for operations and maintenance. E.g. HP Network Management, KRATOS, Stablenet/Tivoli N/W Management toolset, SAP,
5. Experience on UK military satellite communications projects
6. Satellite ground station operation and maintenance
7. Multi-media computer-based training (CBT) e/learning/distance learning design and delivery systems
8. Ability to gain UK Security Clearance
At least 2ii University degree or equivalent in a communications, computing or engineering related subject
1. Goal orientated and self reliant
2. Able to manage and prioritise own workload
3. Commercially astute (having an understanding of how your contribution impacts the business, technically and commercially)
4. Good document writing and presentation skills
5. Excellent inter-personal and communications skills with ability to brief and negotiate at all levels within an organisation
6. Adaptable and proactive an environment of changing requirements and priorities
7. Able to function effectively within a team and with other personnel throughout a customer organisation
8. Happy to spend time away from home through the week where required
9. Flexible with respect to location within the SE England / M4 corridor area
About e2E Services
Established since 1999, e2E provides communications engineering and technical consultancy services to the satellite communications market. Whilst satellite communications is the dominant sector, terrestrial, wireless and cellular markets are also served. These services are provided in both defence-related and commercial domains.
e2E mainly focuses on the provision of technical services and aims to apply independence, flexibility and pragmatism to complex and challenging problems. The Company appreciates the “bigger picture” in a programme or system by not losing sight of the commercial aspects although often working at the detailed level.
With a large excess of credible and proven experience of complex communications networks and technologies retained within its growing staff base, e2E works efficiently, quickly and to a high standard. Whether it is the supply of subject matter experts, the engineering of a core system component or delivery of test services via a fixed price arrangement, e2E provides an attractive capability to any Organisation operating in the telecommunication systems business and particularly within the satellite communications field.
Whilst the provision of communication-based technical support services to clients is in the core of the Company’s activities, it is increasingly participating in the development of products and applications to support communications and with particular emphasis on the service and network management of Next Generation Networks.
The operations of e2E are ISO90001 certified.