TITLE : Service Engineer
All employees will be expected to carry out their role in a professional and timely manner. VAS will supply all work wear, which should always be clean, presentable and always worn when on company business. VAS are ISO 9001 accredited, which includes a Quality Management System, Health & Safety and Environmental policies, all of which should be adhered to.
RESPONSIBLE TO : Service Manager
- To assist with the servicing / fault finding / site projects / installation / commissioning of equipment as required by VAS management.
- Provide routine servicing and breakdown assistance to customers.
Carry out start-up and commissioning of vacuum & furnace equipment.
Train customers in safe operation and maintenance of vacuum & furnace equipment.
To carry out start up / commissioning work on vacuum furnace and associated equipment.
Carry out and control installations of vacuum & furnace equipment both in UK and Overseas.
To supervise junior members of staff and to supply training to them in all aspects of VAS business.
To achieve a satisfactory level of competence to carry out first and second line maintenance on any equipment as contracted by VAS.
- To accurately fill in timesheets and complete reports required by VAS management.
- To ensure that all relevant working practices comply with the statutory Health and Safety at Work Act and with the and other external customer requirements as applicable.
- Comply with VAS’s Quality Management System
- Comply with VAS’s Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organisations
Working knowledge of modern controls systems including PLC and SCADA, preferred but not essential
17th Edition wiring regulation qualified, or time served mechanical / electrical maintenance background
Heat treatment experience desirable with a good working knowledge of temperature controlled and data recorders, preferred but not essential
Vacuum furnace experience preferred but not essential
Salary up to £30k-£40k depending on experience.
28 days holiday including public holidays