Metro Mechanical Services
Metro Mechanical is one of the UK’s leading commercial drainage, plumbing, gas and pump engineering firms. We have longstanding and strong relationships with some of the best-known businesses in the UK and have won multiple awards for our service.
We continue to grow rapidly and have a passionate and ambitious team. We love what we do and want to continue to achieve successes for many years to come!
Drainage Tanker Driver/Engineer Role Overview
We are looking to expand our planned maintenance team by hiring a Driver-Engineer to operate as a principal engineer and HGV operator. You will be a part of our core team, as the leader of one of the frontline crews working on essential infrastructure at commercial sites across the UK. You will be responsible for maintaining and cleaning industrial drainage systems using high-pressure jetting equipment, and vacuum tankers. The role will offer meaningful opportunities for learning and career progression. We reward our best engineers with rapid promotion and pay highly competitive salaries.
Candidates must have a Class 2 HGV Licence, and we prefer applicants to have at least 2 years’ experience in the drainage sector. However, for hard-working candidates without drainage experience, we are willing to put you through our industry-leading drainage training program, which will see you learn the skills to manage projects and lead a team.
What we would like from you
- Willingness to adopt Metro Mechanical’s best practices of technical excellence and health and safety
- Attention to detail, helping us track jobs and accurately record information on site
- Ability to working hard and be dedicated
- Enthusiasm for training and developing assistant engineers
- Willingness to work frequent night shifts
- A minimum of 45 hours/week
- High-pressure water jetting proficiency preferred
What you can expect from us
- Salary £30K – £35K base (DOE), with >50% extra per annum through OT typical
- Opportunity to advance within the Metro Mechanical engineering team
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Working hours: Mon – Fri, 45 hrs per week (18.00 – 04.00 door to door)
- OTE, with opportunities to significantly increase base salary through OT for hardworking engineers
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Willingness to work across the UK, with occasional overnight stays and weekend work
- Ability to travel to/from Metro Mechanical’s Gravesend office, situated in Kent
- Minimum age of 25
- Hold a current clean full UK driving licence and Class 2 HGV Licence
- 2 years + drainage sector experience preferred
About Metro Mechanical Services
Metro Mechanical is a leading provider of drainage, plumbing and heating services to commercial customers across the UK.
Whatever the service, we stand out because of our technical excellence, attention to detail, and accountability. You’ll find this in every single one of our teams – whether we’re carrying out drainage maintenance at a major retail park with one of our state-of-the-art jet-vac tankers; cleaning plumbing systems at a landmark skyscraper; operating as prime contractor on major gas and pump system upgrades for a leading hotel group; installing treatment plants at a large healthcare facility; or providing grease management solutions to the restaurant industry.