JOB SUMMARY: An Aircraft Mechanic is required to join a globally acclaimed start-up company based in Munich, Germany, to help revolutionise personal transportation and e-mobility. You will be focused on prototype assembly and development testing for our client’s flying prototype aircrafts. Reporting directly to our Head of Development/Workshop, the Aircraft Mechanic will work closely with the development and production teams, and will be required to think on their feet, be versatile and solution orientated. Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
You will have the unique opportunity to join a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class inventors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
You will be able to support the workshop operation, from early development testing, 3D-printing as well as supporting the design activities for our client’s products.
* Perform assembly and production tests in accordance with our work instructions
* Manufacture and assemble composite and metal-light-weight structures
* Work on the assembly of propulsion systems with mechanical and electrical components
* Perform work scope inspections for your own, as well as others (Level 2 inspector Part 21 Subpart G)
* Work on the prototype products from assembly to getting the product ready for flight testing
* Build test rigs, prepare and execute various development tests
* Work on specification and calibration of production tooling and equipment
* Manufacturing of different materials and designs for the workshop
* Ensure that all Health, Safety & Environmental standards are met at all times
* Pro-actively work on various tasks from providing design/specification input, purchasing tools or materials, organising travel or other
Qualification and Experience:
* Completed training as an aircraft mechanic, alternatively in a related mechanical profession with several years of experience within aircraft manufacture, ship building, composite production or prototype production
* A qualification related to either composite, propulsion or electrical motors assembly and testing is of advantage
* Must be able to read, understand and ideally improve the design and assembly drawings, including tolerance related matters (passive CAD/CAM knowledge with basic understandings of drawings)
* Experience working as an aircraft mechanic or electrician
* Inspection degree and experience with Part 21 Subpart G or Part-145 requirements for tooling, components and systems is necessary
* High degree of technical understanding with a pro-active working approach, team player mind-set and high level of independence and reliability
* Must be fluent in English (written/oral)
* Experience with assembly and wiring for mechanical and electric modules
* Experience in proactive non-conformance management
* German language
Hours of work : 40 hours per week on a shift pattern with flexible working time available (occasional weekends work may occur, therefore flexibility and dedication to the project is expected).
Overtime is required as part of the role and is up to five hours per week; however if the overtime exceeds the 5 hours, flexible compensation will be given as extra time off (for example on a less busy day).
This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious candidates that are looking to join a team of talented engineers and designers, to work on a revolutionary product and filled with the insatiable need to progress and innovate.
* 30 days holidays + German Bank Holidays
* Catering services several times a week with partial funding available for certain services
* Frequent team events
* Language and job-related training programs
* Support with relocation-related expenses (negotiable)