JOB SUMMARY: An Electrical Technician is required to join a globally acclaimed start-up company based in Munich, Germany, to help revolutionise personal transportation and e-mobility. Reporting directly to the Workshop Manager, the Electrical Technician will work closely with the Energy Storage and Engineering departments. You will be testing and repairing batteries and electric components on a daily basis and will provide feedback to the teams on areas of improvement. Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
You will have the unique opportunity to join a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class inventors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
* Operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment (including DMMs and oscilloscopes)
* Recognise trends and patterns in failures and feedback to the responsible teams
* Coordinate with design teams to perform further root cause analysis by component owners where necessary
* Build up Low Voltage and signal supply network up to 1 kV
* Work on circuit board design, choose suitable components and perform soldering work
* Perform daily record keeping and create reports and test analysis
* Take responsibility for maintaining an inventory of parts, tools and equipment
* Organise work, procure necessary parts, plan travel, and complete accurate documentation on repair actions completed
* Work on any ad-hoc related projects or tasks provided by management
Qualification and Experience:
* Educational background as Electronic Technician (HND or Degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering)
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in assembly and/or repair of electro-mechanical components, including systems with medium or high voltages
* Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions
* Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings
* Experience with operating and maintaining a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment
* High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
* Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills
* Must be fluent in English (written/oral)
* Work experience within electro-mobility or aviation industry
* German language
Hours of work : 40 hours per week on a shift pattern with flexible working time available (occasional weekends work may occur, therefore flexibility and dedication to the project is expected).
Overtime is required as part of the role and is up to five hours per week; however if the overtime exceeds the 5 hours, flexible compensation will be given as extra time off (for example on a less busy day).
This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious candidates that are looking to join a team of talented engineers and designers, to work on a revolutionary product and filled with the insatiable need to progress and innovate.
* 30 days holidays + German Bank Holidays
* Catering services several times a week with partial funding available for certain services
* Frequent team events
* Language and job-related training programs
* Support with relocation-related expenses (negotiable)